Monday, October 31, 2011

Three Decades Old

Happy Birthday, to the Pizza Guy of my life.

I love you, dude.  So do your Pumpkin Pie & your Num-num-nummy.



This year I chose to make a key lime cake.  Sounds exotic, right? It took me awhile to find a recipe that didn't call for lime Jell-o.  I really wanted to do it from scratch and not have artificial flavors. I used the recipe from King Arthur Flour without the raspberries.  Thanks to my neighbors who let me use limes off their tree. The birthday boy got to choose whether or not I colored it.  He chose colored, so I added just one drop of green so it didn't look overly fake.  The outside is just whipped cream.  I also just halved the recipe because between the trick-or-treating, the leftover sugar cookies from the preschool's way too politically correct "Fall Harvest Celebration", and birthday cake...we have enough sugary sweets in our house.  The cake ended up being delicious.

Yep 30 candles on a 6 in cake.
Makes him seem old.

2 comments:

Megan said...

You should share the recipe! And tell us more about this "politically correct" party. haha. Sounds interesting...

Aimee said...

Megan, I meant to add the link to the recipe and forgot. I updated the post with it. I got it from kingarthurflour.com. I get a lot of my baking recipes from them because they always turn out.

Mission Organize Apartment