Sunday, October 30, 2011

Aquarium of the Pacific & Venice Beach

My mom came to visit for a week.  It is great having her here.  We have done a number of things, including some wild goose chases, but I have taken very few pictures except on Saturday.  Saturday we went to the Aquarium of the Pacific with Jake's cousins and then headed to Venice Beach.

She really thought she had scooted back far enough to be in the shell
and kept waiting for me to take the picture.

Poser.

Proof I came on the trip.

Wonderment

One of my favorite animals at the aquarium was the Japanese spider crab.
In this position he was bigger than Helen.

The beach part of Venice beach was nice. The beach had millions of tiny clams to dig up.



The street walk of Venice beach was weird. The street part had too much smoking-Rastafarian-hippyness and trash-being-sold-as-art for me.  The part that got me the most was when a guy coughed on me and Helen.  I felt the saliva drops on my body the rest of the night.  My mom said it took her back to the 70's.  I am now kinda glad I only lived 6 months in that decade.  Not my thing.  The fruit was tasty though.

Pineapple

We didn't get ice cream,
just took this to distract her from the fit she was throwing.

A fast ride before we got in the van to head home.
Check out Jake's picture of the sunset on Venice beach on his Google+ profile.  Monday's whirlwind of celebrations to come next.

No comments:

Mission Organize Apartment