Thursday, September 15, 2011

Shake, shake

Nothing like an earthquake to get you back to the blogging world.  Jacob and I were awakened by a small earthquake at 3:00am this morning.  In my dream I was pushing Jake so I could get by him.  As I was waking up I thought he was mad at me and kicking blankets off, causing them to hit the closet doors.  Then I woke up all the way (this was all in about 2 seconds mind you) and realized there was no way the blankets could hit the closet doors being 10 feet away.  I also realized they were shaking on their own, and so were we.  After I was awake and aware, the shaking lasted about 4 or 5 seconds is all.  After the shaking was done, Helen sighed and rolled over (all in her sleep mind you).  The crib must have a good shock system because Norah, my light sleeper, wasn't disturbed at all.  Jacob said that it was the strongest he remembered feeling, teased me that I shouldn't get up to use the bathroom when I really needed to, and promptly went back to sleep.  Sleeping didn't work for me.  So I am up blogging about it.  I lived through an earthquake as a kid, but don't remember anything about it except the stories my mom tells.  Now I know what a small earthquake feels like.

1 comment:

Grandpa-Brian said...

May you be blessed with many small earthquakes in your life and few big ones.

Mission Organize Apartment