Sunday, August 7, 2011

Party Life

I couldn't quite figure out what to name this post. Other options were: "Life's One Big Party", "Work Party", "The Never-Ending Party", "Moving to California = Parties" or "Party Like It is 2011".

Since moving to California we have had more social parties and the such going on, that my girls are starting think we there is a party every week. Haha.

The first week we were here we spent half the week in a hotel and ate out too much.The second we we spent the whole week in San Diego with my family (a long party).The third week here we were invited to an amazing birthday party for someone in our ward, blow up slide, jump house, pool, pinata, and all.  This last week Jake had his work's summer social with a Hoedown theme. Here is a re-cap of what we did.

We got there later than planned - Jill Jekyll (GPS who transforms from good to bad without our discretion) took us for a trip. So once we got there, we headed straight for the dinner line.  It was a great line up of fruit salad, potato salad, pasta salad, baked beans, and BBQ chicken or hamburgers with all the fixin's.

After dinner the girls had their faces painted,
a butterfly for Helen & Hello Kitty for Norah.

Then each of the girls took a turn with daddy
going down the gigantic slide.
Helen and I did a relay race with a yellow balloon, but we didn't get any pictures taken.
We did win 3rd place though.  Prize = 2 bags
We threw the outlaws into jail.

We went for a boat ride.
We stumbled across a game of shucking corn. I thought "Shucking corn, is that all?  I can do that!"  I was totally thinking they were going to throw a clause in at the end saying you had to do it with you teeth or something.  Nope, just shucking corn.  I won 1st place.
Helen & Aimee shucking some corn.
Then Jake and Helen did the lasso game.  They made it to the final round against an adult couple.  Helen was able to make the lasso over Jake's head, but Jake didn't quite get it all the way onto Helen's so they scored 2nd place (a bubble blower - which has since been hid and forgotten so don't mention it to her)
Jake & Helen kicking some trash at the lasso game.

Then we went fishing.
The assumed way-over-fed fish weren't biting this night.
Then we did some miniature golf. Sorry, all the pictures turned out blurry.

Ferris wheel aka 
I was internally thinking "Oh shoot." for 15 straight minutes, all the while grasping onto Helen for dear life and reminding Jake to do the same with Norah. All he wanted was me to turn around while at the top and look at the lake behind us. No.Thank.You.
I didn't swear once though, and may or may not have kissed the ground when I got off.  I figure it made my Ferris wheel quota for the next 10 years and then I'll be too old. I know I am a wuse.

My expression is totally fake.
The other three really did enjoy the ride.

They gave us the decorations when it was
time to head home.
The whole time we were eating filling up on popcorn, cookies, ice cream.  Thanks G! :)

And the fun/party isn't over yet...this week we are headed to the county fair. :)

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Life is obviously one big party living in CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!

Cheri said...

Congrats to the Idaho girl in the corn shucking contest!!!!

HeidiPie said...

What a life. And you did the shucking with your legs crossed too. You are the WOMAN!

Aimee said...

Haha, Heidi. I didn't even notice I had my legs crossed.

Mission Organize Apartment