Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beach, Chores, & Adjusting

Crystal Cove State Park: The girls first time to the beach.
(Other than Rigby Lake, which Helen calls the beach)
Like I said yesterday, we have most of the unpacking done. I figure now is probably a good time to start regular housework. Sure I've done a batch of laundry here and there, and dishes everyday we've been at home, but it is time to do things like dust (everything is dusty from the moving truck), clean mirrors (instead of one skinny one and a small bathroom one I now have 1 small bathroom one, 1 decorative mirror, 2 large bathroom ones, 4 full humongous sized closet door ones, and 5 medicine cabinet mirrors), and vacuum (I knew it needed to be done, but when Jake suggested we should run a vacuum through the place, I really knew it was time).

I whipped out my chore chart this morning, updated it a little bit, and am going to start using it as best as I can right now. It is going to need tweaking to fit this house and our new schedule. But it is a good start to keep me organized. I still need to go through the last of the few boxes. I got a good head way done on the office boxes yesterday. There is still a lot to do in that room.

In other news Norah got moved from a toddler bed back to a crib. She No one has been sleeping good since she wakes up cries as she falls out 3 or 4 times a night. Yesterday was the last straw because she was being SUPER grumpy and down right mean. I couldn't get her to nap for anything.  So back up the crib went.  We all slept wonderfully last night.  Here's to hoping today's nap, being the first in this house, will also go down so well.

Helen has also done very well with the adjusting.  She didn't have one potty accident the whole time we were with cousins.  Thanks to the power of suggestion, she had to go every time one of them did.  She probably felt she was in with the "in crowd" instead of like she was going to miss out on something.  She has had only two accidents since then and for the most part has taken herself potty without being reminded.

p.s.  Sorry the picture has a smudge.  Didn't know, and this is the only photo I took that day.

1 comment:

HeidiPie said...

Look how fun! I'm impressed that you were all unpacked in 5 days!! I'm working on day 4 and still a ways to go...I guess it would help if we had more storage in this place =)

Mission Organize Apartment