Sunday, May 1, 2011

Where was I?

When I heard the news about the September 11 and the Twin Towers, I was 3 weeks into my mission in New Zealand.  We found out in the early morning by a phone call from our district leader's companion.  I remember how quiet the air was (we lived near the Auckland airport).  I remember the next time we saw an airplane in the air.  I remember how wonderful it was when I finally got mail from home 3 weeks later.  Jake was on his mission, too.

When I heard the news that Osama Bin Laden had been killed, I was in my recliner in my living room in Utah nearly 10 years later.  My mom had just hung up the phone, but called right back to say what was going on in the news.  (Thanks for calling, Mom.)  Jake was in a recliner next to me.

Where were you?

1 comment:

HeidiPie said...

on 9-11 I found out in the line to get my drivers license in orem. Last night, in my rocking chair in the living room.

Mission Organize Apartment