Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ironic Last Box

In my last post I shared a picture of my hallway. Ignore the top box, I took care of that in the last post (remember my To File Pile??).
                                               
The bottom box and Rubber-maid are what this post is about. This is what I refer to as "The Last Box" as in the last box I need to unpack from moving here from Monterey. It never got unpacked. I had desire but no ambition. It was simply full of paperwork from my internship and life from the point that I got morning sickness when pregnant with Helen until we moved. I didn't feel good enough to deal with it, and then once I did feel better I was busy with a newborn, and it just wasn't a priority.

But there is no way I am going to move that mess back to California!

So for my weekly project for week #18 was unpack the last box. Ironic it is because the next week we start packing to move again. Not going to let that one happen again!

Here is what I kept from "The Last Box": Things I found include some picture books that the girls will love, a empty Rubber-maid container, some expensive nutrition software I thought I had lost, and more hanging file folders (still new in package). Add those to the ones I emptied, and the ones I already had empty and waiting equals more hanging file folders than I will ever need. If you need some let me know.  I'm serious, I need to get rid of some and they don't recycle.

 Here is what I recycled and a few things that had to go in the trash (CD's and name badge).  It equaled 24 lbs.  All in all that is 86.9 lbs of paper I have cleared out of my apartment.
 And here's my hallway.  I showed it to Jake and he jokingly said, "Wow! It's like it has always meant to be this way!"  I slugged him in the arm.
Happy Organizing!
Now on to packing everything else up.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

WOW! It is a shame to move when you just got unpacked!

Laura said...

Yay so proud of you for getting that done. Isn't that the best feeling!!

Laura

Mission Organize Apartment