Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Black Table & Chairs Set

So without further adieu, here are the table and chairs I have been working on for a long time.

The table before.
I received this and two chairs from Jake's mom
when she was getting rid of them.
 
I forgot to take a picture of the chairs
before we pulled them apart.
They were so wobbly & wonky
This is the last of the rungs and a seat
that I still needed to scrape.
Jake's dad, Brian, and I scraped all the of chairs
instead of heavy sanding or chemicals. Thanks, Brian

Here are the chairs all scraped and glued back together.
Now as sturdy as ever!
Apologies for the blurry phone picture.
.
Here is the finished set.
It is nothing what I had planned on it being when I started,
except the black around the edges of the table.
I stained parts with a charcoal colored stain
and left the rest natural in color.
More views of the two colors on the chairs.
I made this set for the apartment in Jake's parents' barn.
Back of the chair.
The table top.
I had originally planned for all the natural parts
of the table to be a light gray
and the table top to included
a darker stained layout of a card game.
I couldn't bare covering the wood grain though,
or maybe I got talked out of it.

Again the top of the table and seat of a chair.

I liked how it all turned out.  Thanks to Jake's dad for all the help and use of his barn/shop and help, without it, I'm sure the table would still be outside on my patio unfurnished (winter is cold here!).

I already have a list of next furniture projects.  Really praying we get a garage when we move.

3 comments:

Michael and Kelsey said...

Holy moly these look incredible! nothing like they use to be! bravo bravo, i know this took a ton of time and energy

Michael and Kelsey said...

haha i just realized its been about a year since you pulled them aside at our garage sale last summer!

Amanda J said...

It looks awesome! I can't believe you scraped those chairs, that is hard work!

Mission Organize Apartment