Friday, April 1, 2011

What A Day!

It has been quite the day today.
  • To start of I am recovering from some dental graphing done yesterday. Boo!
  • Didn't feel up to messing with my family's food for April Fool's Day. Boo!
  • The girls were being good this morning so we went to clean the car. Yeah!
  • Next stop was a store to pick out a top for H & N to wear for pictures. Yeah! (didn't have one small enough for Norah boo.)
  • Then we went to lunch with Jake on campus. Yeah!
  • Looked at another store for a top.  Rethought the tops and tried to let H help in the decision. (neither yeah or boo)
  • Took Jake back to his laboratory. Boo.
  • Went home and put N down for her nap.  She went down with a peep for the first time. Yeah!
  • Decided to go with original plans for pictures. Yeah!
  • N woke we got ready, went to 2nd store again and got N's top. Yeah!
  • Went to another store and made an exchange quickly. Yeah!
  • Went to girls' well-checks.  H had melt down about eye exam, but passed and is very healthy other than she needs new hand soap. Yeah!
  • N has a slew, okay only 4 but it feels like a lot, of things for me to keep my eye on. Boo.
  • She still got a clean bill of health for now. Yeah!
  • Both girls got shots and wailed.  Boo!!
  • Got home, made quick dinner for the girls (Yeah!) , both of which were certain life was ending in a tragic way. Boo.
  • Tried a new way of serving meals (MTM). Yeah!
  • Girls happy for the moment.  I think both have forgotten their shots until Daddy comes home.  Yeah!
  • My mouth hurts.  Boo!!
  • Going to get ice cream for brave girls and Mommy when Daddy comes home.  Yeah!

That's our day in a nutshell.

Here's our Muffin Tin Meal (MTM).  I learned about them here rather somewhere I can't find, and this is another great site from Michelle, the Muffin Tin Mom.  The girls thought is was fun.  I was grateful it was distracting from their inflicted tragedy of an afternoon.  I am going to add these to our weekly lunch rotation.

1 comment:

HeidiPie said...

Busy day! I like that muffin tin idea. I'll have to try it one day. So, does it matter that much that my 3 year old pretty much considers himself a vegetarian. I think he's eaten meat two times.

Mission Organize Apartment