Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ABC's & 123's

Last week Helen started pre-school.  I know it is a weird time to start, but we were having potty issues.  We still are. But I found a teacher who still had open enrollment and would work with us with the potty problems.  Helen is fine about going potty at pre-school and anytime we are out and about, but at only home, she is so-so.

Picking a pre-school was traumatic for Helen.  I thought it would be fun for her to go see.  Turns out she was traumatized because we had to leave each one.  Poor girl really wants the socialization and to learn.

She loves it.

When we got to the pre-school the first day she tapped me on my shoulder as I was finding my purse in the car.  She had undone her seat belt as soon as the car had stopped.  I asked her "What, sweetie?"  She replied, "I just need to give you a hug because I am going to preschool."  When I got out of the car she said "Bye."  I told her I had to go in and pay her teacher.  Once inside she sat right down and started working.  Too bad it was on someone else's paper at first.  She had no problems about me leaving once it was time.



It is fun for me to see her at the end of class two times a week and to see all the stuff she is doing.

4 comments:

Amanda J said...

I love Helen's smile in the last picture! I'm glad that she enjoys preschool. It's kind of nice to have a little break too!

Cheri said...

I love the pictures--she couldn't be happier! What a girl! What a cutie!

Amber said...

I can't believe Helen is old enough to go to preschool. Wow! Time sure flies. And what a cute girl :)

Our Family said...

your girls are GROWING UP SO FAST and are SO DARLING! come see me when you come up to the 'burg again! :) Katie

Mission Organize Apartment