Thursday, May 20, 2010

Poppin' in for a quick Toddler Snack

Here is another snack I made for Nellie.  Popcorn and sliced strawberries.  The strawberries were divine; the popcorn crunchy and fresh.  I make popcorn for snacks by putting about 3 Tbsp plain popcorn kernels in a brown lunch bag.  Then fold the top of the bag at least twice.  Put it in the microwave on high until you can count 2 seconds between pops.  Wah-lah!  You have healthy popcorn quickly and no mess.  Then you can save the "microwave popcorn" with it's added salts & "butter" for a once-in-awhile treat.

5 comments:

Abbey said...

THANK YOU for posting this!! We love popcorn, but I hate having to clean the pan for a snack. I think we'll try it after nap today!

myrtle budge said...

seriously, you can make microwave popcorn with plain popcorn? i'm so excited to try this. thanks.

Amanda J said...

I love it! We are so going to do this!

HeidiPie said...

I didn't know you could do that either. This is great news! My kids are gonna go crazy. =)

Aimee said...

I am so glad I shared this with everyone. Make sure you fold the bag over well...if the kernels get loose and pop in your microwave it causes problems for your microwave. The turntable quits working and it makes horrendous squeals.

Mission Organize Apartment