Saturday, February 6, 2010

Lovin' the Co-op!

Yep, now that the holidays are over, and I am in town more, I have once again hopped on the co-op bandwagon.  It's great!  And it gets even better.  It has been so popular in Logan that the Hyrum site is now every week.  Yippee!  That means I can get it every 2 weeks like normal, every week if needed, or I can wait an extra week if I feel we haven't used up all that we need to.  It also means that the shares go fast.  Here is my loot from the Jan 16th basket that we got.


1 spaghetti squash
5 lbs potatoes
1 head lettuce
1lb strawberries
4 orange bell peppers
3 mangoes (we made mango gelato with 'em)
3 lbs pears
4 tomatoes (I gave 2 of mine away)
4 red onion
6 apples
8 tangelos
6 bananas
1 head broccoli

all for $15.00!

+ extra $ for the breads you see in the left-hand corner.
They were orange & apple spice dessert loaves.
We liked the orange one better, but are going to try and make it ourselves.
Anyone have a good recipe for orange bread?


No comments:

Mission Organize Apartment