Thursday, September 24, 2009

Our new little daughter...

Yes, she finally came. On Monday night around 11:00 my doctor broke my water and regular contractions started about 10 minutes later. Then almost 6 hours after breaking my water at 4:52am Tuesday 22nd of September, Norah Mei was born. She was 7 lbs 8 oz and 20 in long.


No pitocin needed! No c-section! Wahoo! Still wasn't sure that it was better than a c-section until today...maybe. Still have enough pain that I think at times a section would be better, but it all comes down to there is pain both ways - it just matters where you want the pain. We are all home as of last night and slowly starting "normal" life. I am enjoying being able to breath at full lung capacity and sleeping on my stomach. I also love being able to hold a little baby again. Norah is a great baby so far. She sleeps more than Helen ever slept. We are struggling with the feeding thing again, but not nearly as severely as we did with Helen. There is hope that we can work it out.

Norah is just beautiful (Mei is the Chinese name/word for beautiful, it also means plum) and we love her dearly. Helen has already taken to her and doesn't like anyone but Mommy, Daddy, Grandma Nani, and herself to hold Norah. She flipped out tonight when the bishop and his wife came by and held her for a minute. She kept saying through her bawls "Don't take Norah!" Finally the bishop had to give Norah back to me so Helen would quit throwing a fit.

Welcome, Norah!

12 comments:

Robin said...

Congrats, Aimee! She is precious!

Stacia Cummings said...

Congratulations! So exciting that she is finally here. She is beautiful. I love that you said you are adjusting to normal life. Is there such a thing with two kids?

Bridgette said...

Congratulations! What a BEAUTIFUL baby. She is gorgeous. I bet you are so happy to not be pregnant anymore. Take care of yourself and baby Norah.

Mer said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! She's perfect! Yay for babies that sleep. You totally deserve one.

linds said...

she is beautiful. congrats!

Katy said...

Oh aimee! you guys done good! She is so cute! And I love love love her name! How fun! Im gonna have to come see you guys soon! Congrats we love you!Katy

Amanda J said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!

Keri said...

Congrats Aimee!!! That's awesome that you were able to not have a c-section (sorta, you're right, pain no matter what, just where) She is a cutie!

Tiffany said...

congrats! I hope that you are feeling okay and that everyone is adjusting well!

Megan said...

Congrats Aimee! For some dumb reason I can't get you in my blog reader so I just have to keep remembering to check your blog! She is beautiful. Sorry its taken me so long to comment. Looking forward to seeing her soon.

Smiths said...

Congrats!! She is so adorable!!!!

Abbey said...

She's so sweet!

Enjoy!

Mission Organize Apartment