Friday, June 26, 2009

Zucchini Pasta

We made this tonight for dinner.  It was pretty good.    I forgot to taste a bit of the zucchini before I grated it, and one or more of our zucchinis was bitter.  I definitely will try it again with some good zucchini.  The recipe called for linguine, but I couldn't resist using my favorite long pasta shape.



Zucchini Pasta
       original recipe from Healthy Cooking April/May 09

  • 8 oz uncooked linguine
  • 4 cups coarsely shredded zucchini (about 3 medium)
  • 4 tsp olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced (for Helen's sake I ended up mincing the garlic)
  • 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
  • 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper



1.  Cook linguine, or in my case fusilli, according to package directions.  In a sieve or colander, drain the zucchini squeezing to remover excess liquid.  Pat dry.



2.  In a large non-stick skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 2 minutes.  Add garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender.  Transfer to a large bowl.  Add the yogurt, cheese, salt and pepper.  Drain pasta; add to zucchini mixture and toss to coat.



Side note:  next time I will probably add 1 shredded carrot to the zucchini for more color.


No comments:

Mission Organize Apartment