Monday, April 20, 2009

Pink Ladybug's Big Day

Our little Sugar turns 2 today! She has grown up so much in the last year. I've been watching home videos of her from a year ago and am amazed. To celebrate we had pink pancakes with pink M&M's inside and pink sugar sparkles on top, and pink strawberry milk.

P.S. She slept in that raincoat and pajammy get up the whole night.



I really can't believe it has been two years since her NICU days. I wanted to show a really cool picture of her birth here, but understand that some of you may be squeemish and may not want to see my surgery.

A few moments after being born:

On the way home from the hospital 5 days later (note you can't tell, but she is wearing purple - hint of the days I did not want, or rather insisted, pink not be her only color):

My little sugar, still a newborn:

Last year at the Ladybug's 1 year old birthday party:

About Helen at age two:

She loves pink everything (although I tried to expose her to all colors, she is definitely a girl and loves all things pink.)

She loves to dress up.

She loves all things princess (I was even more anti princess than I was pink, but finally had to give in a little.)

She loves bunnies, and monkeys.

Her favorite foods are: grapes "gapes", strawberries "stuh barries", broccoli "boky", fishy crackers, milk (especially when something goes wrong, she needs a glass of milk), cereal, and of course chocolate, but she doesn't get much of that.

She loves things that move, light up, and do something. She is also likes to be moving and doing something. ALL the time. And I love it when she lights up over something. She is just barely learning how to sit through one whole book when we read to her. Someday we'll actually get to the whole 20 minute read to your child thing "that you are suppose to do".

She likes playing in water, bubbles, and dirt - see she is not all princess, but she is all girl for sure.

I love it when she gets mad or embarrassed and squints her eyes. Her whole face shape changes. I love all her face expressions, but this one melts my heart every time. I also love how when she really wants something she yells "YES!" with the most enthusiasm and hugest smile ever!

She loves pink.

I love how forgiving she is, how she loves animals and babies, and chocolate, and even pink.

Her hugs are the best. Her kisses with an out-turned-way-to-much lower lip are great too.

She is always good at saying "no, thank you" and "bless you" and "thank you" and "your welcome" . We are still working on "please", but it is coming we just have to promt her every time. My favorite saying of hers though is when we are eating she'll ask, "Is good, Mommy?" I'll reply yes, and then ask her if she likes her meal or if it is good, and she'll tilt her head and nod.

I love her to bits and bits. She will always be my sugary ladybug.

I love you, Helen Marie, my Nellie Bug.

"Yes!" on being two!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday to Helen! I remember when she had dark hair. So cute. Helen is a sweetheart. We need to get together soon!

Bridgette said...

Happy Birthday Helen! Kids sure have a way of developing their own likes and dislikes regardless of what we think. That is hilarious that she is such a girly girl! She is so cute.

Cheri said...

We miss seeing Helen as often that we have this past year! She definitely has our heart. We are thankful for her and the happiness she brings to our lives! Happy Birthday little lady!
--Grandma and Grandpa Moore

Mer said...

That video is straight up, classic, pure Helen! I love it! Happy birthday to the ladybug!

Mission Organize Apartment