Friday, February 13, 2009

Venturing Out

I am preparing to venture out of my apartment today. It will be the first time in 5 days. I haven't even gone out the door to check the mail. I have felt so-so all morning, but I showered and am saving the rest of my energy to go to the grocery store. I even put make-up on - only the 3rd time I've done that since Jake got home. I am losing my make-up applying skills. Last time I went to the grocery store everyone galked at me...probably because I looked like the Grim Reeper was following me through the store and I was going to collapse any second. At least that is what I felt like.

I am learning to have others serve me. I have always wanted to be on top of the world, ready to take on anything. And now, I just can't. I am so grateful for my family and friends that are taking care of me with dinners, taking Helen, and especially to my wonderful Dad who took sick leave to come down and do my dishes and laundry for a day. Thank you all. 7 more months to go. I am now thinking maybe I will try to make it that far.

1 comment:

Bridgette said...

Sorry you have been so sick! I haven't read your blog in a while, so I didn't know. Hang in there!

Mission Organize Apartment