Saturday, February 7, 2009

Slowly, but surely

I am slowly changing my blog. I haven't felt great this week. Helen has RSV and I am pretty sure I got it, that or a horrible cold. Jake is still down with his headache. What a glorious two weeks these have been. :/

Helen decided to make my Saturday morning start about 5 hours earlier than I wanted. Since she has been sick and needs some extra sleep anyway, I decided it was the perfect time to bump up her bedtime by a half hour. A half hour folks, that is all. Well, she decided to wake up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed 5 hours earlier than normal. She woke up at 4 am this morning. Jake had a nap yesterday and couldn't sleep at night so he had just gone to bed at 3:30. Because I don't feel good, I wake up easily. I was saying goodnight to Jake and rolling over to go back to sleep when Helen woke up. Since Jake was already awake and I didn't feel good he took her for an hour trying to get her to go back to sleep. At 5 I finally got up and told him to go to bed. I tried to get her to sleep for another hour and half. By this time I can hear the traffic outside starting, and dawn is peeking through our blinds ever so slightly. And I give up. I shut the bedroom door so Jake can sleep, turn on the lights, and get ready for a really long day. I put a movie in and start my day. Although there is not much to do when I don't have anything planned because I am sick.

It is Saturday morning for goodness sakes. Most people are sleeping in. And most people probably aren't sick. What in the world am I doing out of bed? I hope to someday teach my child the joys of sleeping in on a Saturday or anyday when you are sick.

And it is 7:12 and we are starting our first tantrum. great.

No comments:

Mission Organize Apartment