Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Hair Fought the Chair... And the Chair Won

My little Nellie, does not like to nap. Until about 2 months ago a VERY long nap would be 45 minutes, with average naps between 15 and 20 minutes. This didn't mean she would take more naps during the day. Not a chance, only two 15 to 20 minute naps a day - unless of course she was sleeping on my chest, then she'd go for 45 to 90 minutes, and then I don't get anything done. Then a couple of months ago I thought maybe she like the rocking motion of the recliner and that is why she likes sleeping there. Or maybe the transfer to the crib was just too disturbing for her - don't put a pea under her bed for goodness sake! Anyway, two months ago I tried just leaving her in the recliner and ta da! She sleeps for a couple hours at a time and if she does wake up I just have to say "Shh. Go to sleepy sleep" and she falls right back to sleep.

So yesterday after she woke from sleeping in the corner of the recliner, she sat up and well, it looks like her hair fought the chair and the chair won.


Now I am working on teaching her how to get out of the chair safely...trying to crawl over the reclined back is her first choice, but also the most risky.

3 comments:

Abbey said...

Those pictures are adorable! She looks just like you!

Candalyn said...

I think you need to go get your hair done, just so I have an excuse to take your daughter and love her to death. Too cute!

Robin said...

Ha! Those pictures are so funny! But very cute.

Mission Organize Apartment