Friday, January 18, 2008

Dream House

I love drawing house plans. And at one point in my life I really wanted to become an architect. Somehow that path changed dramatically, but my interest in drafting house plans has always remained. But there is one house plan I could never draw...my own dream house. I have always been able to mentally walk through my house, down the hallways, picture the rooms, know where most of the doors are, etc. I would try and try and get very frustrated because walls did not match up and it just didn't work. I spent more time erasing than drawing and after years of trying I gave up. I have always looked at plans on the Internet or in books/magazines to find something similar, but they were of no avail. In looking last week in some spare time I Googled "draw house plan". I found this great software that is incredibly expensive for my purposes, but they had a free 7 day trial. It is an awesome program. You can do any kind of chart or graph (including genealogy charts) and floor plans for any kind of business, office, home, or school. I have been in my little own heaven for the last 3 days. And the best part is I completed my dream house plan. I had to work things out in my mind to make it fit together, but the ease of being able to just click, drag, and drop was, well, just so easy. So now I share with you all one of my dreams.

3 comments:

suni said...

if i ever get to build a new house i'll have to pick your brain for ideas...seems you have thousands of good ones!!

Robin said...

How fun! I'm glad you got it to all fit together.

Candalyn said...

I finally got around to taking a good look at your blog... I can't remember if I told you this, but your dream house is very nearly the same as mine! I love the layout of the main floor, and I even have the paint colors picked out.

Maybe when you're done with it you can sell it to us? :)

Mission Organize Apartment